- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 13" x 9" glass baking dish.
Whisk flour, salt, thyme and pepper into milk. Place sweet potato slices in large pot and over with milk mixture. Add bay leaf. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Add Yukon gold potatoes and simmer, uncovered, for about 8 minutes or until potatoes
are almost tender. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
Spread potato mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden and bubbling and potatoes are tender. Remove and let stand 10 minutes before serving. The scalloped potato recipe is ready and makes 6 to 8 servings. Enjoy it !